Email marketing is a form of direct marketing that uses electronic mail as a means of communicating commercial or fundraising messages to an audience. In its broadest sense, every email sent to a potential or current customer could be considered email marketing. However, the term is usually used to refer to:
– Sending emails with the purpose of enhancing the relationship of a merchant with its current or previous customers and to encourage customer loyalty and repeat business.
– Sending emails with the purpose of acquiring new customers or convincing current customers to purchase something immediately.
– Adding advertisements to emails sent by other companies to their customers.
- Reduction in costs through automation and use of electronic media
- Faster response to both marketers and the end user
- Increased ability to measure and collect data
- Opens the possibility to a market of one through personalisation
- Increased interactivity
- Increased exposure of products and services
- Boundless universal accessibility
- Burning out your list
- Breaking the law
- Alienating readers
- Delivery issues
- Design issues
- Keeping them engaged
- Resource intensive
- Undelivered emails
Be the first to leave a review.