Content marketing can help you engage your audience and build relationships, ultimately boosting sales. However, there may be certain challenges, including thinking of good content ideas and finding the time to write it.
Typically, content, digital or inbound marketing only costs around a third of what you’d expect to pay for more traditional marketing techniques, and the quality of leads you’ll get in return is also much higher due to the fact most of them will be coming in from organic search.
This makes it a very attractive options for many businesses, as it can provide you with a relatively cheap stream of leads that are more or less ready-to-buy when they finally get in touch with you.
- Builds authority
- Relatively cheap
- Possible to get a big picture
- It has a compound effect
- Creates assets that last
- You can involve clients and employees
- Supports other marketing and customer service
- Reaches the right audience – even those who reject advertising
- Achieves better results and is cost efficient
- It is time-consuming
- Content marketing is hard work and not for everyone
- You need a lot of creativity and have diverse skills
- It’s difficult to do if you have a small team and expensive if you outsource
- Hard to attribute results
- Difficult to manage
- Takes time – not a short-term gain – has to be looked at as an investment
- Can be expensive – especially for video and podcasting content
- Still needs promoting and may need paid advertising in a highly competitive world
Be the first to leave a review.